Arches & Halos
Effective Date: 11/20/2020
What Information Does This Website Collect and When Is It Collected?
User Submitted Personal Information
In operating the Website, we collect user-submitted or communicated information, including first and last names, postal addresses, zip codes, phone numbers, financial information (to process orders), self-descriptions, email addresses, social media usernames, gender identifications, photos, images, likenesses, dates of birth and other identifying information provided to us by users or otherwise made available by users on or through the Website. We further store your Website passwords along with related security information used for Website user authentication and to facilitate account access (i.e. hints, answers to security questions, etc.)
The Website also collects data necessary to process payments in the event you make purchases from the Website, including your method of payment and the method’s corresponding identification numbers (i.e. credit card numbers), and any security code or other verification information associated with your method of payment. The Website’s payment processor stores all payment data. It is suggested that you review the privacy policies of the Website’s payment processor and, if you have any questions concerning the separate practices of the payment processor, to contact the payment processor directly.
Further, we may provide you with the ability to register for a Website account or to log into the Website by using the account details of one of your preexisting social media accounts, such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter or other social media account. In the event thereof, we will collect the information described in the section called “How do we Handle Your Social Media Access?” below.
The type of personal information collected as a result of your use of the Website will depend on the nature of your specific interaction with the Website. During such interactions, we may collect the following personal information:
- information that you voluntarily give to us;
- information that you provide upon the initiation of any account with the Website;
- information that you provide when you indicate via electronic communication, or otherwise, a desire to obtain information about the Website or us;
- information you provide when interacting with or contacting the Website;
- information you provide when you contact us through the Website;
- information you provide when you participate in any activities on the Website; and
- information you provide when making any purchase from the Website.
Automatically Collected OR Logged Information
The Website’s servers may automatically recognize the IP addresses of any user and may also identify a user’s computer or device, connection information for same, as well as information about the browser being used, the browser’s settings, language preferences, and possibly geographic location. Your IP address is usually associated with the location from which you access the Internet. We may use aggregated, non-private, or otherwise non-personal information collected as a result of the user’s use of the Website to analyze the Website’s use and traffic. In addition, we may use this information to diagnose problems with the Website’s servers, to improve or administer the Website, to display content and advertisements, to facilitate transactions, to track how users are using the Website, and to improve the Website’s marketing and reporting systems. We may sell, transfer, use, share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as, but not limited to, the number of users who visit the Website or clicked on a given link, and demographic data with business partners and other third-parties on an aggregated and anonymous basis. Further, like many businesses, we also automatically collect information through cookies and similar technologies, as discussed herein.
Information Collected by Mobile Applications
The Website may offer an application or other program which allows users to access, use or visit the Website, or its services via a mobile device or otherwise. If you use one of the Website’s mobile applications, you may also be providing us with the following data:
Physical Location. The application may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the mobile application, in order to provide location-based services. If you desire to change this type of access or the associated permissions, you may do so in your specific device’s settings.
Access to Mobile Devices. The application may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s Bluetooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, and other mobile device features. If you desire to change this type of access or the associated permissions, you may do so in your specific device’s settings.
Pop-Up or Push Notifications. We may request to send you mobile alerts of “push notifications” regarding your Website account or the Website’s mobile application. If you wish to prevent your receipt of these types of notifications, you should be able to turn them off in your device’s specific settings.
Automatically Collected Information. The application may automatically log and collect your device information, including your mobile device identification number, model and manufacturer, the device’s operating system, the device’s and its software’s version information, as well as the device’s IP address.
Social Media. Should you choose to access the Website via one of your social media accounts, as a result, the Website accesses that account’s basic account information, which may include your name, email address, gender identification, date of birth, listed city location, and profile picture, URL, as well as other information which you may have chosen to make public through your social media account. We may also request access to other permissions related to your social media account, such as the identities of your “friends,” “check-ins,” and “likes.” However, it is within your discretion to allow or bar access to any particular permission within these social media accounts.
Information Collected from Publicly Available Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources outside of your use of the Website, including through public databases, from our marketing partners, through social media platforms, and from any other third-party where, with or to whom you have made available any information about yourself.
How and Why Do We Use Personal Data?
We use personal information submitted to or collected through the Website for a variety of business activities, discussed below. In short, we may process your personal information for these reasons and in order to confirm or to act under any an agreement made with you, to complete a task for which you have provided your consent, to comply with our legal obligations, to improve and customize your experience with the Website, to improve and customize your experience with our products and services, and in order to offer you existing, future and/or improved services and products. For example, we use this information to:
respond to inquiries;
initiate and verify Website accounts;
detect, deter, prevent or otherwise address violations of the law, fraud, potential or actual Website security breaches;
improve or assess Website security;
respond to the requests of law enforcement, court orders, or valid subpoenas;
enable your communications with other users of the Website and vice versa, as well as to enable your communications to the Website and vice versa;
address other technical issues related to the use, visitation or access of the Website;
serve you with customized services, content, offers and marketing;
send you news, emails, and updates (you may “unsubscribe” to or opt-out of receiving these types of electronic communications as discussed herein);
facilitate product and service purchases;
facilitate research and analysis related to the Website, our customers, our products and services, and our advertising and marketing;
improve the usefulness of the Website, our listings and offerings, and our customer service;
allow use and sharing of our content with your or our social media accounts;
request feedback from you regarding the Website, and our products and services;
facilitate your participation in promotions, contests or other Website opportunities;
facilitate Website access through social media accounts and other third-party logins;
allow for the posting of your content, including, but not limited to, customer review on the Website, our social media account pages and the web pages of third-party retailers that features our products and services; and
Will We Share Your Information with Other Parties?
Your information will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- For legal compliance.If legally compelled or required to do so, under either governmental order or applicable law, we will disclose your information, including in response to valid subpoenas.
- For the protection of the Website.We may disclose your information to others in the event it is reasonably necessary to the investigation of, prevention of, or to enforce against actual or potential violations of our policies, including the Terms and Conditions and DMCA Policy, suspected fraud, situations involving actual or potential threats of bodily injury to another, and other illegal activities. We may also provide your information to others as evidence in any proceeding, including in litigation in which we are involved either as a named or third-party.
- For the needs of our vendors and other third-party service providers.We engage service providers to perform functions and provide basic services (such as hosting, data, customer service, technical support, marketing assistance, mailing assistance, storage security, delivery of services and reporting services) related to the operation of the Website. We may share your information with such service providers or their agents who perform services for use on our behalf and require access to such information to do the work for which they have been engaged.
- For business transfers.As an ongoing concern, we may, from time to time, buy and sell various properties and assets, including the Website. In the event all or a portion of the property or assets we own or control are sold, transferred, assigned or acquired by another party, or in the event a portion of the property or assets of the Website is sold, transferred, assigned or acquired by another party, the information from, about, regarding or concerning Website users, including your information, may be among the properties or assets sold, transferred, assigned or acquired.
- For other Website users.What you post to the Website may be viewable by other users, and other users of the Website will have the ability to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Website, and view your Website profile. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Website) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Website, any personal information posted may be viewed by the public and may be distributed outside the Website, in any territory, in perpetuity. Further, if you register to use the Website through a social media account (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network might see your name, profile photo, and a description of your Website activity.
- Through Offer Walls.A third-party hosted “offer wall” may be made available on or through the Website. This may allow third parties to offer you physical or digital items in return for your acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Offer walls may appear in the Website’s mobile applications. They may also be displayed to you based on your specific geographic or demographic data. You will leave the Website platform if you click on an offer wall. An identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider.
- Advertising Cookies.This type of cookie is placed on your computer or device by advertisers and ad servers to display advertisements to you. Advertising cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits and use of the Website and other websites, change ads sent to a specific identified computer or device, and track the frequency at which an ad has been viewed and by what computer or device. These cookies are linked to a computer or device and do not reveal a person’s identity.
- Session Cookies.Website webpages do not, in of themselves, have a built-in memory. We may use session cookies to record your activities as you navigate through the Website’s web pages. This tracking is accomplished in order to prevent the Website from needing to obtain from your information already provided to the Website. For example, these types of cookies help to maintain items you have placed in your Website shopping cart during your use of the Website.
- Cookies Created by Us.We use our own cookies, which can be either permanent or temporary. These cookies are necessary to the proper functioning of the Website and its features. Some of these cookies may be manually disabled in your browser. However, if these cookies are blocked or removed, the Website and its features may not work properly for the user.
- Personalized Cookies.In order to identify repeat visitors of the Website, we may use personalization cookies. These types of cookies record your Website browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences at each visit to the Website.
- Website Administration and Management Cookies. Cookies used to manage and administer the Website are used to maintain your identity or session on the Website. This keeps you from being logged off from your account unintentionally and to ensure that any information you enter on a given Website page is maintained from page to page. These types of cookies cannot be separately turned off. They can be disabled through the disabling of all cookies through the settings in your browser.
- Cookies of Third Parties.Third-party cookies may be placed on your computer or device when you visit the Website. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser. These third-party services used by the Website include Google Analytics, Google AdSense and Google AdWords, discussed below. Google uses what is known as the “DoubleClick” cookie in the ads served on the websites of Google’s partners, such as websites displaying AdSense ads or participating in Google certified ad networks. When users visit a Google partner’s website and either view or click on an ad, a cookie may be dropped on that end user’s browser.
Does This Website Use Items Other Than Cookies to Track You?
Besides cookies, we may use similar items such as web beacons, pixel tags, clear gifs, and different tracking technologies on the Website in order to customize the Website experience to your use thereof and to improve your use experience. A “web beacon,” “pixel tag,” or “clear gif” is a small object or image embedded in a web page or email. For example:
- Precise Geo-Tags. Any of our applications may provide to us your precise geo-location. You will be provided with a push or pop-up notification on your device requesting your consent to obtain this information from you. However, we will not always request to know where you are, generally, such as your postal code, state, or city in which you are located, as this is not a “specific” or identifying location.
- SKDs and Mobile Device Identifiers.Any mobile app we provide may use software that records similar to the information which would otherwise be recorded via a cookie. This includes information concerning information that identifies your particular mobile device and operating system and while tracking the way this device uses the app. This type of software does not personally identify you.
- Clear Pixels. We may use clear pixels.This is a small piece of code that is placed on a given webpage or email, which is invisible to the eye. These items are used to track and monitor general website activity, to install cookies on your devices, to save your Website access information, and in order to facilitate online advertising activities. Clear pixels may also be present in our email messages in order to allow us to track whether a particular email have been opened.
- Proximity Beacons.We may use proximity beacons to send a signal to mobile application installed on your device over very short distances to inform you that products are on sale in a given store. These types of beacons will only become active when you are in a given location and only if you give permission to the applicable application to send you such notifications. Conversely, these types of beacons may send us information about your location so that we may better customize advertising you receive from us.
What Happens If You Refuse to Accept Cookie or Provide the Website with Information?
Many Internet browsers are configured to automatically accept cookies. Conversely, your browser may allow you to bar, remove or reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent for storage on your device. Your browser may also provide you with the ability to delete cookies. If you choose to get rid of, bar or reject cookies, this may have an adverse effect on your use of Website, its services, or your account.
Further, you may opt not to provide the Website with any facts about yourself or other requested information. However, any decision to refrain from providing the Website with information, or any decision to unsubscribe from an account, service, or content may restrict your ability to access features or functions of the Website.
Does the Website Use Google Analytics?
Google Analytics offers a deactivation add-on for most browsers. This add-on may provide you with more control over what data Google can collect on websites you access. You can acquire information on how to install this add-on at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. However, this browser deactivation add-on offered by Google Analytics does not prevent information from being transmitted to us or to other web analysis services we may engage. Google Analytics also uses web beacons or pixel gifs, along with cookies, to compile aggregated statistics and to analyze how the Website is used.
Does the Website Use Google AdWords?
Does the Website Use Google AdSense?
The Website makes use of Google AdSense, a third-party marketing network service. Google AdSense utilizes cookies to ensure that the Website receives payments when Website users buy a product or service after clicking on a portal, link or ad banner displayed on the Website that ultimately took the user to the website or web page of a Google AdSense associated product or service provider.
How Do We Handle Your Social Media Access?
The Website may also offer you the ability to register for an account or to log in to the Website by using one of your social media accounts (such as your Facebook, Google, or Twitter account logins). Should you choose to do this, we will obtain information about you from the particular social media provider corresponding to the social media account used. The information obtained from your social media provider will depend on the social media account used. However the information obtained will likely include your first and last name, electronic mail address, “friends” or “following” lists, “likes,” “check-ins,” profile pictures, as well as other facts you have chosen to make public about yourself through the given social media provider. The Website’s ability or permission to access this social media account information may be managed through your particular social media account.
Your Choices & Opt-Outs
Can You Opt-Out of Receiving Electronic Communications and Advertising?
This Website is CAN-SPAM compliant. Any user who wants to stop receiving the Website’s electronic newsletters, marketing materials, or promotions, or any offers or other correspondence from the Website, via email, SMS or physical mailing, may opt out at any time. To opt-out of the Website’s email list, follow, the “Unsubscribe” instructions contained in any email you receive from us, or by sending an email from the account you wish to unsubscribe with the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop receiving SMS messages, respond to any SMS message with the word “stop.” If you wish to stop receiving materials by physical mail, please contact us as Arches & Halos, 2020 Ocean Avenue, Ronkonkoma, New York, 11779.
However, should you choose to stop receiving any communications from us, we may need to retain some of your information in order to do so. For example, if you request that we stop sending you emails, we will need to record your email address for our systems to remember not to send you communications.
It may also be possible for you to prevent getting advertising from us by blocking all cookies in your browser(s), refusing requests for access to your data, or by changing the settings for ad tracking on your device.
However, if you opt-out of advertising from us, we may send an opt-out cookie to your browser that will inform us in the future that you do not want to receive advertising from us. Should you delete all browser cookies, this cookie would also be deleted. This means that you would, in this instance, need to again opt-out if you at that time do not want to receive our advertising materials.
Finally, in the event we stop sending you advertising as a result of your request, you may still receive ads on your devices based upon the context of the sites you have visited. Dissimilar to the ads you might see as a result of the web pages you visit, these context specific ads are provided based upon the specifics of the site you happen to, at that time, be visiting. For example, you may see one of our hair care ads on another site because that site carries shampoo products. And, even though you may opt out of receiving advertising from us, we may still collect information from your devices in order to evaluate the Website’s performance, to conduct consumer research, and to prevent fraud.
How Does the Website Respond To “Do Not Track” or “DNT” Signals?
The Website does not respond to “DNT” or “Do Not Track” signals. We are awaiting the results of efforts by the policy community and the relevant industry to determine when such a response to “DNT” or “Do Not Track” signals will be appropriate and what form they should take.
Can I Modify My Account Information or Personal Information Therein?
Depending upon the country in which you have registered your Website account, the account may offer the ability to access your personal information, and to delete and update same. If not, users who have provided personal information on or through the Website may request to review and/or correct this information by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Further, you may notify us at any time that you wish to end our storage of your personal information, and upon receipt of that notice we will remove all information about you from our database. If you request the removal of personal information you will no longer be able to access any part of the Website or our services that require personal information or registration unless you re-register or re-provide same. Any information or content that you have posted to public areas of the Website may remain irrespective of the status of your user account, personal information, or your request to delete personal information, including, but not limited to in the event you have posted personal information on publicly available parts of the Website. The deletion of your personal information from our database may not cause the removal of any content you may have previously posted, uploaded or otherwise made publicly available on or through to the Website.
What Kind of Plugin, Links or Logins Are on The Site?
What Is the Website’s Policy Concerning Third-Party Websites?
What Is the Website’s Advertising Practices?
Should you visit any of our affiliated sites, we may show you marketing materials and other content that, based upon your use of this Website, in which we think you would be interested. Further, based upon your use of the Website, we may classify you within a certain group of consumers who share interests. Also, your cookies and device identifications may be buttressed with other data, including, but not limited to data regarding products that you buy in-store or with information about you obtained from third parties. We generally do this such that you will not be personally identifiable. Also, we may learn that various devices are associated with the same individual as a result of, for example, use of the same Wi-Fi network at similar times of the day.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing or further legitimate business needs or legal requirements to process your personal information, we may either delete it, make it anonymous, or, if neither option is possible (because, for example, the information has been archived in backups), then we will properly store your personal information by isolating it from any further processing until its deletion becomes possible.
How Is Your Personal Information Kept Safe?
No transmission over the Internet can be made completely secure, and no security measure is entirely invincible. We take reasonable measures to protect data on the Website’s servers from destruction, disclosure, loss, misuse, unauthorized access, damage, or unauthorized alteration, taking into account the level of risk and the type of data at issue. These measures include, but are not limited to intrusion detection, intrusion monitoring and prevention systems, firewalls, encryption, and passwords. We also employ procedural and “real-world” measure such as staff training regarding data use and processing restrictions, how to detect or identify data breaches, as well as restricting access to personal information to certain staff and securing the physical location from which personal information might be accessed when not in use.
However, we do not guarantee the security of any information you send to us or the Website or the security of the Website’s servers or databases. By using the Website, you assume all risk in connection with the information sent to or collected by the Website. You are also responsible for taking reasonable precautions on your own behalf to protect unauthorized access to any account you may have registered with the Website.
Do We Collect Information from Minors?
The Website is a general audience website. Neither the Website nor we knowingly collect data from any person under the age of 13 years. We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13 years. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age or that you are the parent or guardian of same and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected improperly, upon notice, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you are aware of any data, we have collected from a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I Have Additional Privacy Rights as A California Resident?
The “Shine The Light” law, appearing at California Civil Code Section 1798.83, permits California residents to ask for and obtain, only once a year, but free of charge, information about the categories of personal information (if any) obtained as a result of your use of the Website that we have also disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes along with the names and addresses of all third parties to whom we have provided personal information in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and you desire to make such a request, please submit your request in writing at Arches & Halos, 2020 Ocean Avenue, Ronkonkoma, New York, 11779
Further, if you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered an account with the Website, you may request the removal of data that you have made publicly available on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us at email@example.com, and include the email address associated with your account, where the content at issue can be located on the Website, and a statement confirming that you reside in California. We will endeavor to make sure that within a reasonable time the data at issue is not thereafter publicly displayed on the Website. But, please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removable from the Website’s systems.
Arches & Halos
2020 Ocean Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York, 11779